Climate Change and Forest Health
Concerns for Forests
Long lived trees are slow to adapt
Increased rates of change are a concern for forests because trees adapt slowly, over long generation times.
Forests and Climate Change
Resources for Indigenous Communities
- Tribal Climate Change Project – University of Oregon
- Tribal Vulnerability Assessment Resources – University of Washington Climate Impacts Group
- Tribal Climate Tool – NW Climate Adaptation Science Center
- Climate Change Program – Affiliated Tribes of NW Indians
- Climate Change Resources for Tribes – NAU Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
- Tribal Climate Adaptation Guidebook – Oregon Climate Change Resource Institute
- Climate Change and Indigenous Peoples: a synthesis of current impacts and experiences – USDA General Technical Report PNW-GTR-944
- Guidelines for Considering Traditional Knowledges in Climate Change Initiatives. – Climate and Traditional Knowledges Workgroup (CTKW)
Featured Climate Tools
Climate Adaptation Networks
Educational Resources and Materials
- ClimeTime Resources for Teachers
- Cleannet.org – Guidance in Teaching Climate
- STEM Teaching tools – Addressing controversial science topics in K-12 classroom
- Natural Inquirer – Science education materials for young learners
- Climate Change Resource Center – Learning modules for advanced learners.
- More coming soon!
Recent Selected Media
More coming soon!